Department of Commerce
Year of establishment of the department: 1976
Individual staff profile:
Dr. V. M. BHANDARI M. Com., Ph. D.
Associate Proffessor & Head of the Department
Cell No.: 94488 9342
E-Mail: [email protected]
Teaching Experience: UG: 26 years PG: 03 years
B. Com. : Dr. A. V. Baliga College of Commerce, Kumta
M. Com. : Chh. Shahu Central Institute of Business, Education &
Research Kolhapur, (SIBER, Kolhapur, M. S.) April 1987
Ph. D. : Karnatak University, Dharwad. (April 2003)
Research topic: Human Resource Management in Cashew Industry – study of North Kanara District (April 2003)
Present Position :
- Associate Professor in Commerce
- Visiting Faculty SDM P. G. Centre, Honnavar
- Convener & Facilitator Entrepreneurship Development Cell
- Research Guide (Bharatiyar University, TN)
- M. Com. Co-ordinator for 2 years
- Visiting faculty for BBA programme for 03 years
- M. Phil. Guide (Alagappa University, TN & S. V. University, A. P.)
Conferences, Seminars and Workshops attended:
Papers presented in the conferences and seminars:
Special Training Attended
- Ø Entrepreneurship Development training in EDII – Bangalore (30-12-2002 to 11-01-2003)
- Ø Global Skill Enhancement Programme in Infosys Leadership Institute, Mysore (11th to 30th April 2005)
- Ø HRD – TQM training in SDM College, Honavar.
- Ø Refresher course and orientation programme.
Number of papers : 04
Number of Books : 01
Human Resource Management for B. Com., B.B.A. & B.B.M. Students
Number of M. Phil. student guided : 07
Minor Research Project : Completed: 02 Ongoing: 01
- Problems and progress of Cashew Industry in North Kanara district (UGC Supported)
- Role of SHGs in rural development with special reference to women entrepreneurs in Uttar Kannada District (UGC supported)
- Moving Self Help Group towards Entrepreneurship. (Ongoing)
Invited and worked as Resource person:
- Academic Staff College, Karnatak University, Dharwad
- Canara Bank Self Employment Training Institute, Honavar
- 3. Deshpande RUDSETI, Haliyal
- 4. P. G. Centre Chennagiri, (Davanegere University) Chennagiri
- 5. Anjuman Arts, Science, Commerce & P.G. Centre, Bhatkal
- 6. Rotary Club orientation programme, Honavar
- 7. District Industry Centre, Karwar and Honavar
- 8. Government First Grade College, Mundgod
- 9. Catholic Church, Honavar
- 10. SARPI Centre, Honavar
- 11. New English School, Honavar
- 12. Muncipal Office, Honavar
Workshops and Seminars Organized:
- Organizing one – day workshops on ED to the final year students of SDM College, Honavar since 2003 every year.
- One – day workshop on personality development programme for final year commerce students.
- Two – day Bank Test Training programme for commerce students.
- 10 days spoken English classes for commerce students
- One – day district level seminar for commerce students.
Seminars attended and Papers presented:
- Ø Attended two day workshop organized by KIMS, KU, Dharwad on Management of BBA programme on 24th and 25th October 1996.
- Ø Attended 2nd state level conference of Teachers of Commerce and Management held at Davangere on 11th and 12th July 1997 on challenges for business education in the 21st century.
- Ø Attended and presented paper in National seminar on Business Education in India – backward & forward linkages on 6th and 7th March 1998 held at KU, Dharwad and paper published by Atlantic Publishers, New Delhi.
- Ø Attended one day workshop on E-commerce organized by PG Dept. of studies in Commerce, KU, Dharwad.
- Ø Attended 4th state level conference of teachers of commerce and management on “Knowledge Management” held at KU, Dharwad on 5th and 6th October 2001.
- Ø Attended Faculty Development Programme in Entrepreneurship held at Bangalore, during 30th Dec, 2002 to 11th Jan,2003 organized by EDII, Bangalore
- Attended 2 days HRD-TQM training programme on 21st and 22nd March 2003 at SDM College, Honnavar
- Ø Attended one day workshop on Cost Consciousness in the New Millennium on 21st September 2003 held at Divekar College of Commerce, Karwar.
- Ø Attended and presented paper in fifth state level conference of Teachers of commerce and Management held at Mangalore on 16th and 17th October 2003.
- Ø Attended UGC sponsored State Level Seminar on Accounting Standards: ‘What They Are and What They Should Be’ at S.D.M. College, Ujjire held on 23rd & 24th March 2005.
- Ø Participated in one day district level workshop on ‘Internal Quality Assurance Cell(IQAC)’, organized by BGVS Arts & Commerce College, Sadashivagada,Karwar on 4th April 2005.
- Ø Attended 3-weeks training in “Global Skills enhancement programme” Conducted by Infosys Progeon in Mysore from 11th to 30th April,2005.
- Ø Attended National Seminar on ‘Repositioning Business Education- Compulsions & Strategies’ held on 21st & 22nd Feb.2006 posted by Bangalore University Teacher’s Council of Commerce & Management and faculty of Commerce & Management, Bangalore University, Bangalore.
- Ø Attended the NAAC sponsored State level seminar on’ Quality assurance Mechanism in Collegiate Education’ organized by SDM College Honnavar on 18th & 19th March 2006.
- Attended NAAC sponsored National level Seminar ‘ Quest for Quality: Class room Matters’organised by Dr. A. V. Baliga College of Arts and Science , Kumta on 5th and 6th March 2007.
- Ø Participated as a Delegate in the UGC sponsored State Level Seminar on ‘Re-orientation of Teaching Pedagogy in the Context of Industry Institution Interaction on 25th March 2006 organized by SDM College of Business Management, Mangalore.
- Ø Participated & presented a paper entitled ‘Plight of Commerce Education in Present Scenario’ in the national level seminar organized by Basaveshwar commerce college, Bagalkot on 8th & 9th September 2007.
- Ø Participated in the International Research Meet on Entrepreneurship in India & China’ & TAPMI Alumni Entrepreneurs meet organized by T.A.Pai Management Institute, Manipal, Karnataka, India on 14th & 15th Dec. 2007.
- Ø Participated & presented a paper at the NAAC sponsored National seminar on ‘Role of IQAC in Re-accreditation Process: Experiences & Expectations’ Organized by Bangurnagar Arts, Science & Commerce college, Dandeli on 11th& 12th April 2008.
- Ø Participated as a delegate in the National level Seminar on ‘Recent Trends in Services Marketing’ held at Anjuman Arts, Science & Commerce College, Bhatkal on April 13, 2008.
- Ø Attended the one day workshop on ‘Case Studies in Financial accounting on 26th July Attended UGC sponsored a two day national conference 2008 at Dept. of studies in commerce, Karnatak University Dharwad.
- Ø Participated in the workshop ‘Grameena’ organized by ‘Shri Kshethra Dharmastala Rural Development, Dharmastala & Synergy to solutions, Bangalore on 21st October, 2008 at hotel Capital, Bangalore
- Ø Participated in the UGC sponsored state level seminar entitled ‘Management of small scale industries in Karnataka state- A challenge’ held on 3rd & 4th November 2008 at Dr.A.V. Baliga college of commerce & Business Administration, Kumta(U.K.).
- Ø Participated & presented a paper entitled ‘ Shri Kshethra Dharmastala Rural Development Project(SKDRDP) & Microcredit in Uttara Kannada(UK) District- An Empirical Study’ in 3 days International conference on Micro Finance’ during 21st-23rd January 2009 organized by Pondicherry University, Pondicherry.
- Ø Attended one day workshop on ‘Restructuring of B.Com. curricula’ organized by Karnatak University & colleges’ commerce teachers’ associatation on 9th July 2009 at Institute of Engineers, Dharwad.
- Ø Attended UGC sponsored national conference ‘Social Entrepreneurship: Dimensions & Development Orientation’ organized by St. Mary’s college, Shrva, Udupi (Dist.) on 21st & 22nd August, 2009.
- Ø Attended Orientation Course in University of Mysore from 8th Aug. to 2nd Sept. 1995.
- Ø Attended Refresher course in Kuvempu University, PG Center, Davangere from 9th to 31st, March 1998.
- Ø Attended Refresher course in University of Mysore from 16th Nov. to 6th Dec.2004.
- Ø Attended Refresher course in Goa University from 29th Sept. to 20th Oct. 2005.
Ramanath R Bhat, M. Sc.
Email : [email protected]
Mobile No. : +91-9972981991
- B.Sc in PMCs in SDM College of arts, science, commerce and business administration Honnavar(2006-2009).
- M.Sc in Statistics in Karnataka University,Dharwad (2009-2011).
TITLE : influencing student’s decision in selecting subject Factor at P.G level
TOOL USED : SPSS
TEAM SIZE : 6
STATISTICAL ANALYSIS : Chi-Square Test
DESCRIPTION : Level of satisfaction and un satisfaction among the present regarding the present education system. The sampling method is simple random sampling, each population is categorical, sample data are displayed in a hypothesis, formulate contingency table. This approach at least 10 times as large as its respective sample, and the variables under study are each consists of four steps: state the an analysis plan, analyze sample data and interpret results.
- Guest Lecturer in statistics in M.P.E Society’s S D M College of arts, science, commerce and business administration, Honnavar.
MUBEENA M. SAHEB. M.Com.
Email ID: [email protected]
PROJECT done: “AN ANALYSIS ON FINANCIAL STATEMENT OF –
SHARAVATHI AGROTECH Pvt. Ltd., Honavar.”
College: Anjuman college for women. Bhatkal.
VANITHA M GAONKAR, M. Com.
Education Qualification :
B.Com – M.E.S Commerce College, SIRSI in 1999-2000
M.Com – Dr. A.V.Baliga Commerce, Business Administration & PG centre, KUMTA – 2012 – 13
M.A in Hindi ( Equallant exam ) :
Completed “Praveena” from Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachara Sabha” Madras.
Other Activities :
- Attended workshops held in college.
- Submitted project report on ” A study on Accounting Practices followed by the temples of North Canara” as a part of completion of M.Com Degree.
- Participated in National Level Seminar held in Dr. A.V. Baliga commerce college, Kumta.
- Participated in many intercollege competition on cultural activities.
Work Experience :
- Worked as accountant in Sahyadri Paper Mill – SIRSI
- Worked as assistant clerk in KASCARD Bank – SIRSI
- Worked as lecturer in NTC college Jnangangotri – SIRSI
- Worked as Lecturer in Vishalaxamma ITI College – SIRSI
LATA R., M. Com.
- B.Com at SDM College, Honavar during 2008-2011
- M.Com at Karnatak University Dharwad during 2011-2013
- Participated in Social Welfare Projects and Project Genesis Programme
- Winner of University Level Badminton Game held at Karnatak University Dharwad
- Winner of University Level Folk Song Competition at Karnatak University Dharwad
“Ratio Analysis of Cashew Industry- A case study of Shree Guru Subrahmanya”
SATISHKUMAR N MAHALE, M. Com.
E-MAIL: [email protected]
QUALIFICATIONS: B.COM, M.COM (ACCOUNTING AND TAXATION)
CAREER OBJECTIVE: “TO IMPART KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, SKILLS AND VALUES IN THE STUDENT COMMUNITY AND HELP THEM BECOME SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS”
VIVEK NAIK,M. Com.
7 years experience of Teaching.
- Attended one college level workshop
- Attended two orientation programmes
NAGRATNA R PRABHU, M. Com.
Attended Quality Improvement programme organized by IQAC of S.D.M degree college honnavar in association with Manipal University.