Department of History
Year of establishment :1964
Individual staff profile :
Shri.P. D. Naik, M.A., M.Phil. Associate professor and H.O.D
· Completed two Refresher Courses and One Orientation Course from K.U.D, Muslim University, Aligrah, and Himachal Pradesh University , Shimla.
· Attended 3 day- H.R.D and T.Q.M programme.
· Serving as the Life Member Karnataka Ithihasa Academy, Banglore(regd.).
· Specialist in Fine Arts like Thermocole, Chalk piece carving, Soap sculpture, Flower aking, Drawing, Painting and Photography. A fine Art Exhibition arranged in our College Campus from 11th October to 14th October 2003. Which has been published in daily news paper “ Karawali- Munjavu, dated 16th October 03, Udayavani dated 17th October 03.
· Served as the chairman of the Department A.I. History Karnataka University, Dharwad from 1997 to 2000.
· Participated as resource person in fine arts at Rotary club Honavar, New English School, Honavar,B.Ed. college, Kumta, Chinnara Mela, Kumta & other organizations.
· Attended NAAC sponsored state level seminar on 18th and 19th March 2006 in S. D. M. College, Honavar on the topic ‘Quality Assurance Mechanism Collegiate Education’.
· Participated in one day seminar on ‘Higher Education- A Review’ organized jointly by K.U.College Teachers’ Association Hubli & J.S.S. College, Dharwad held on 30th May 2006.
· Participated & presented a paper entitled ‘Banavasi Kadambara hagu Hanagallina Kadambara Kalada Vastu Shyli’in a workshop organized by Ancient History & Archaeology, Kannada University, Hampi from 7th to 8th Aug. 2006
· Attended university level seminar entitled ‘Challenges for Teachers in Evolving Democracy’ organized by JSS College, Dharwad on 23rd Dec.2006.
· Participated in the workshop on ‘Epigraphy, Archaeology, Art history & heritage organized by the Kannada research institute & Dept. of studies in ancient Indian History & epigraphy,K.U.Dharwad from 28th to 31st March 2007.
· Attended a state level Seminar entitled ‘Challenges of Higher Education’ organized by M.G.C College, Sidapur on 16th Feb.2008.
· Participated in Two-Day UGC sponsored national seminar on ‘Medicinal Plants Protection & Promotion’, held at M. M. Arts and Science College, Sirsi on 4th October & 5th October 2008
· Participated & presented a paper in National level seminar on ‘National Movement in Uttara Kannada District’ organized by Karnataka State Archives Dept. at Ankola on 28th & 29th Aug.2009
· Attended a state level Seminar as Chairman entitled ‘Natural Heritage of Coastal Karnataka’ organized by M.M.Arts & Science college, Sirsi on 1st Octo.2009.
· Attended UGC sponsored National level seminar on ‘Challenges before Autonomous Colleges’ organized by S. D. M. College, Honavar on 2nd and 3rd Nov.2009
· Attended refresher course in History organized by Academic Staff College, K.U.Dharwad from 17th Jan. to 6th Feb. 1994.
· Attended refresher course in History organized by Academic Staff College, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh from 15th Nov. to 14th Dec. 1999.
· Attended refresher course in History organized by Academic Staff College, University of Mysore.from 18th Nov. to 8th Dec.2004.
· Attended orientation course organized by Academic Staff College, Himachal Pradesh University from 24th Feb. to 22nd March 2003.
Shri. G. S. Hegde, M.A.
· Written a book World History and History Of Karnataka ( Kannada versions)
· Attended orientation course in University of Mysore from 7th July 2004 to 3rd Aug. 2004.
· Attended refresher cource in university of Mysore from 2nd November 2002 to 28th Nov 2002
· Participation in Yakshagana Tala Maddhale.
· H.R.D, T.Q.M training.
· Attended NAAC sponsored state level seminar on 18th and 19th March 2006 in S. D. M. College, Honavar on the topic ‘Quality Assurance Mechanism Collegiate Education.
· Participated in UGC sponsored National Seminar on ‘ Emerging Trends in Tourism in the changing scenario’ organized by BGVS Arts & Commerce college, Sadashivagad, Karwar from 16th to 17th March 2007.
· Attended a Workshop on Research methodology in Kannada University, Hampi from 11th to 16th Feb. 2008
· Attended Special Winter School Program at K. U. Dharwad from 2nd January 2009 to 22nd January 2009.
· Participated National level Seminar on ‘ National Movement in Uttar Kannada District’ conducted by G.C College, Ankola on Aug. 28th & 29th 2009.
· Attended a Refresher course in K.U Dharwad from 2nd to 22nd Jan.2009
· Attended a Refresher course in Bangalore University from 26th Oct. 2009 to 16th Nov. 2009.
· Cleared SLET in the year 2001.
· Registered for Ph.D. and work is under progress.
· Participated in onedasy seminar on “ Challenges for teaching in Evolving Democracy” organized by Karnataka University college teachers association Hubli on 23rd December 2006.