Year of establishment : June 1964
Individual staff profile :
Dr. D.L.Hebbar. M.A. Ph.D.
Assistant Professor & Head of the Department
email Id: [email protected]
Contact No.: 9448435061
· Member of Lions’ club since 1995. Worked as Secretary of Lions’ club of Honnavar for the year 1996 and 1997.and got Best Secretary Award.
· Life Member Karnatak University Economic Forum. And member of Indian Society of Labour Economics.
· Acted as President of Lions’ Club Honnavar in 2002 –2003 And got Best President Award for that year, in district 324 D4.
· Books Published on ‘Economic Development of India’. Text book for PU-II year.
· Completed one U.G.C Minor research project on ‘Infrastructure Development in costal taluks of Uttar kannada Dists’.
· Ph.D. work on “Infrastructure Development in Karnataka-A Case Study of Uttar Kannada District” is under progress.
· Attended workshop on ‘Revision of Semester Syllabus in Economics(U.G)’ organizer by K.U. Dharwad on 12th Nov.2005
· Attended a National level seminar entitled ‘Agriculture under training discipline crises & prospects’ organized by Bhandarkars’ Arts & Science College, Kundapur from 23rd & 24th Dec. 2005
· Attended & presented a paper in NAAC sponsored state level seminar on 18th and 19th March 2006 in S. D. M. College, Honavar on the topic ‘Quality Assurance Mechanism Collegiate Education’.
· Attended the NAAC sponsored national level conference entitled ‘Quest for Quality: Class room matters’organised by Dr. A.V.Baliga College of arts& science, Kumta on 5th &6thMarch 2007.
· Participated in the ‘Global Skills Enhancement’ Programme conducted by Infosys BPO at Infosys Leadership Institute,Mysore from 16th to 28th June 2008.
· Participated as a resource person for “Effective Personality Development Programme” held at Karki High School on 16th July 2008.
· Attended one-day UGC sponsored State Level Seminar on ‘Approach to the 11th Five Year Plan to more inclusive growth’, on 30th October 2008 at Anjuman Degree College, Bhatkal.
· Presented a paper on WTO implications and its impacts on ‘Small Scale Industries in Karnataka State – A Challenge’, held at Dr. A. V. Baliga College of Commerce & Business Administration on 3rd and 4th November 2008..
· Attended a special Winter School training held at Academic Staff College, K. U. Dharwad, from 2nd to 22nd January 2009, as a part of orientation program.
· Attended & presented a paper in UGC sponsored National level seminar on ‘Challenges before Autonomous Colleges’ organized by S. D. M. College, Honavar on 2nd and 3rd Nov.2009.
· Attended a special lecture on ‘Price Hike in India’ held on 21st Jan. 2010 at Dept. of Studies in Economics, K.U.Dharwad.
Attended the national conference on Labour Economics organized by ISLE on December 17th to 19th 2010, held at Karnatak University, Dharwad.
Completed 1 Orientation Course and 2 Refresher Courses
Worked as the Guest faculty for M.Com – Between 2012-2015
Attended One Day National Level Webinar on “Pandemic Covid-19 Impact on the Sphere of Sports, Libraries and National Poltical Issues” organized by Shree K C College of Arts, Commerece and Science, Talikoti-586214 on 4th June, 2020.
Other Responsibilities: Placement Officer, Student Union Advisor, IQAC member 2012-2015, Nodal Officer for School of Correspondence Course, KUD, Dharwad.
Paper Presentations and Publications:
- Participated and presented paper in the international conference held at Mysore University on 25 to 26, 2011 “Agricultural Marketing in the context of changing Global Economic Order”.
- Attended one day UGC sponsored State Level Workshop on 18th September 2011 on “Transaction Commerce Education”.
- Attended the sponsored 2 day National Seminar on ‘Impact of Globalization on Literature on 21 & 22 October 2011 at S. D. M. Degree College, Honavar
- Participated as a Resource Person at Dr. A. V. Baliga College, Kumta, under Pathways Cell one day, workshop on “Recent History of Kumta” on 24th March 2012.
- Attended CLHRD sponsored one day workshop on 29th July 2012 at S.D.M. College, Honavar
- Attened and presented paper in UGC sponsored two day National Seminar on 12th and 13th October 2012 at S. D. M. College, Honavar. Topic: “Relevance of UBCS in the changed LPG era”.
- Participated and presented a paper on Human Rights in the UGC sponsored 2 day National Seminar on 2nd and 3rd March 2012 at D. M. College Honavar
- On 8th and 9th March 2013, participated and presented paper in the UGC sponsored National Seminar organized by the Dept of Economics, K.U. Dharwad on “Current Concerns in Indian Agriculture”.
- Attended and presented paper in the International Conference jointly organized by Regional Science Association, Kolkatta, and Dept of Geography, Karnatak College Dharwad on 20th and 21st Dec 2013.
- Underwent a “Feel Teacher” training organized by the CLHRD form 25th to 27th January 2014 at S. D. M. College Honavar
- Attended and presented a paper in two day National Conference on issues and challenges of tourism” at GFGC, Sirsi on 21st and 22nd February 2014.
- Attended as a resource person in Town PanchayatHonavar on 5th March 2014 and delivered a speech on SISRY.
- Worked as a team leader between 08-03-2014 and 28-03-2014 at UGC Academic College (HRDD) Dharwad at the time of Refresher Course.
- Presented a paper in the KEA XI Annual Conference organized by the Dept of Economics Karnatak University, Dharwad on political economy and Regional Development held on 21st and 22nd March 2014.
- Attended a special lecture programme on 23rd May 2014 at K.U. Dharwad organized by Karnatak University Colleges Economics Teaching Forum “Economic Challenges before new union Government”.
- Attended and presented paper in two day UGC National Seminar jointly organized by the Dept of Economics and Centre for Multi-disciplinary Development Research (CMDR) Dharwad, on 12th and 13th September 2014 on “Agrasian Crisis in India”.
- Attended and presented paper in one day National Seminar on ‘Contemporary issues of E-Business in India on 13th March 2015 at Byadgi.
- Attended and presented a paper in UGC sponsored two day National Seminar on “Recent issued and challenges of Human Resources in Higher Education” held on 23rd and 24th March 2015 at Dr. A. V. Baliga Commerce College, Kumta.
- Attended a special lecture programme on ‘India and World Economy’ organized by Karnatak University Economics teachers forum held on 26th June 2015.
- Participated and presented a paper in one day National Seminar on ‘Capital Market of India –‘Trends and Reforms’ held on 21st July 2015 at shiggaon.
- Attended one day National Seminar on ‘Micro finance and women empowerment’ held on 22nd January 2016 at CSI College Dharwad.
- Participated in UGC Sponsored two day National Workshop on “Leaders in Mahabharata” on 5th and 6th February 2016 at S. D. M. College, Honavar
- Attended and presented a paper on ‘Climate change and Food Security in India in UGC sponsored 4th International Conference on Remote Sensing and GIS applications organized by the University College, Mangalore on 16th and 17th February 2016.
- Participated and presented a paper in one day International Conference on “Financial Inclusion in India” held on 10th September 2016 at Basaveshwar Commerce College and P.G. Centre, Bagalkot.
- Participated and presented a paper in the International conference on “Contribution of Dr. Ambedkar to the Indian Economy” jointly organized by K. U. Dharwad, Dept. of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Studies and Sera Jey Monastic University, Bylakupppe, Mysore, on 04th to 6th October 2016.
- On 4th July 2017 attended One day workshop on ‘Impact of GST on Indian Economy’, organized by Karnatak University Colleges Economics Teachers Forum , Dharwad.
- On 23rd September 2017 attended & Presented paper One day UGC Sponsored National Seminar on ‘Make in India Problems & Prospects’ organized by J. G. College of Commerce, Hubli.
- On 5th and 6th January 2018 attended and Presented paper in International Conference on ‘Impact of Demonetization and GST on Indian & Global Economy’ organized by G. S. Akkihal College of Commerce & Post Graduate Institute, Dharwad.
- On 19th and 20th January 2018 attended Two Day State Level Workshop on ‘Teacher Development’ organized by KRMS ®, Banagalore.
- On 5th October 2018 attended One Day National Conference and presented paper on ‘GST and its impact on Indian Economy’ organized by KUD’s Karnatak Arts College, Dharwad Department of Commerce.
- On 25th January 2019 attended One Day National Seminar and presented paper on ‘Agrarian Crises and Farmer’s Distress in India’ organized by Govt. First Grade College & P. G. Centre, Haveri.
- On 28th January 2019 attended One Day National Conference and presented paper on ‘ Goods and Service Tax in India and Human Concerns’ organized by Swami Vivekanand Vidyaprasarak Mandal’s College of Commerce, Goa and paper is published in AJANTA – ISSN numbered journal.
- On 7th August 2019 attended One Day National Seminar and presented paper on ‘Institutional Best Practices – Add Value to the Stakeholders’ organized by the IQAC of Arts & Commerce College, Gadag.
- On 15th& 16th February 2019 attended NAAC Sponsored Two Day National Seminar and presented paper on ‘Quality Improvement in Higher Education – What can the teacher do?’ organized by SDM Degree College, Honnavar.
- On 1st March 2019 attended International Conference and presented paper on ‘Roll of Teacher as an Innovator of the Best Practices in Higher Educatio’ organized by Department of Collegiate Education & Govt. Arts and Science College (Autonomous), Karwar. This paper is published in JETIR ISSN numbered journal.
- On 19th July 2019 attended One Day Workshop on Revised Syllabus of B. A. Economics, organized by IQAC & Department of Economics of Shri Mrityunjaya College of Arts & Commerce, Dharwad.
- On 12th December 2019 participated in the District Level Quiz Competition for College Teachers, organized by Anandashram Composite P. U. College, Bhatkal and got 3rd Prize.
- On 11th January 2020 attended One Day National Conference and presented paper on ‘Quality Improvement in Higher Education’ jointly organized by KRMS and Mangalore University, Mangalore.
- On 8th February 2020 attended International Conference and presented paper on ‘Emerging Trends in Business and Economics: Markets & Moral’s’ organized by Shri G. S. Akkihal College of Commerce & Post Graduate Institute of Commerce, Dharwad.
- On 15th February 2020 attended One Day National Seminar on ‘India, A Five Trillion Dollar Economy: Feasibility, Strategy & Challenges’ jointly organized by Karnataka Rajya Arthika Parishath ®, Bangalore and DVS College, Shivamogga. Worked as a chairperson for a technical session.
|Year||Workshops||State Seminars||National Seminars||International Seminar|
- Life Member – Indian Economic Association, Delhi
- Life Member – Karnataka Economic Association, Bengalooru
- Life Member – Karnatak University Colleges Economics Teachers Forum, Dharwad
- Life Member and Director (Dharwad Region) – Karnataka Rajya Arthika Parishad, Bengalooru
- Member – Lions Club of Honavar
- Executive Committee Member – Karnataka Rajya Madhyamik Shikshak Sangha, Bengalooru
- Chief Secretary – Alumni Association of S. D. M. College, Honavar
- Life Member – Alumni Association, Karnatak University, Dharwad
- BOE member of Economics, K. U. Dharwad
- BOE member – Govt. First Grade College (Autonomous) Karwar.
Rohit D’Silva M.A.,B.Ed. KSET
Date of Joining: 27/06/2017
email Id: [email protected]
Contact No.: 9481125150