Date of establishment of the department:1964
For Individual staff profile and Department details, click on Department of Music.
Gopalkrishna G Hegde, M.A.(Music)
Assistant professor and Head Of the Department
Guidance: He has started his musical journey by the age of 8, from his Father Shri Govind
Hegde, Kalbhag and elder brother Pt. Parameshwar Hegde, well-known
vocalist. Trained under Shri S.M.Bhat Kattige and have 15 years of thorough
training from Pandit Sheshagiri Hangal, one of the most renowned maestros
of Tabla from Dharwad, the Cultural Capital of Karnataka.
* “B High” Grade Artist of All India Radio
* “Sangeet Vidwath” from Govt. of Karnataka
* “Sangeetha Rathna” from Karnataka University – Dharwad
Imparting Knowledge: Have been imparting the knowledge gained through Gurus and
through the sheer effort of practice put from last four decades.
1. Working as Asst. Professor in S.D.M.College – Honnavara, North Kanara, Karnataka,
(India), in the department of Music.
2. Imparting the knowledge of Tabla to Students from Germany, Australia, Italy, Israel,
USA and Russia.
Member – Board of Examiner – Karnataka University, Dharwad
Member – Board of Studies – Karnataka University, Dharwad
Member – Board of Studies – Dr. Gangubai Hangal Music University, Mysore
Chairman – Board of Examiner – Dr. Gangubai Hangal Music University, Mysore
Ex-Member – Board of Studies – Gulbarga University, Gulbarga
Performances in Prestigious Music Concerts in India:
* Performed in cultural programme in Commonwealth Games, New Delhi in 2010
*Pt. Sawai Gandharva Sangeet Sammelana, Kundgol
* Pt. Sawai Gandharva Sangeet Sammelana, Pune
* Pt. Kumargandharva Music Festival, Dewas
* Ustad Rehmathkhan Sangeet Sammelana Dharwad
* Saptak, Ahemedabad
* AIR National live Concert, Shillong
* AIR National live Concert, Ahemedabad
* Tansen Sangeet Sammelana, Gwalior
* Swathi Thirunal Sangeet Samaroha, Trivendram
* Pt. Rajguru Smruthi Sangeet Sammelana, Bangalore, Dharwad and Manchikeri
* Mysore Dasara Festival
* Hampi Utsav
* Karvali Utsav Karwar and Mangalore
* Spic Macky Concerts at Manipal, Mangalore
* AIR National Saturday Concert, Bangalore
* AIR Sangeeth Sammelana, Belagavi
* Have accompanied regularly in “Rama Katha” blessed by Shri. Shri. Shri.
Raghaveshwara Bharati Swamiji of Ramachandrapura Mutt, Hosanagara,
Performed in various concerts as a Tabla percussionist with renowned artists With Vocal,
Sitar, Rudraveena, Flute, Sarangi, Harmonium, Guitar, Mohana Veena, Violin, Sarod, Santoor ,
Clarionet, Shehanai, Surbahar, Dance etc… at various parts of the Country
Performances in Music Concerts at Abroad
Performed more than 100 concerts in USA in the years 2003, 2005 and 2008 under
Cultural Exchange Programme, and also Given demonstration and Concert at
Pittsburg University, USA and also in Canada.
As an Organizer:
* As a Secretary, Conducted 10th anniversary of “Kalasangama”. (School of Classical
Music) – Full night music festival.
* Running an established “Guru Kula” for interested students, also from abroad.
* Working as Conveyer at “ Kalamandala” Arts and Cultural Association.
* Lead organiser for “Moonlight Music Festival” programme conducted since
22 years at Shri Karikana Parameshwari Temple Hill, Nilkod, Honavar Taluk of Karnataka
state. Location is at the top of the hill and on the western ghats where the nature is
a plus point.
* Organised “Vadyostava” the festival of Instruments at Shree Ramachandrapura Mutt
– Hosanagara for 3 years.
* Member of the Organising committee of “Sharavathi Utsava”.
As a Composer:
1. Composed “ Laya- Lasya” with combination of Tabla, Maddale, Chende (Rhythm
instruments of Yakshagana), Bhagavataru (Singer of Yakshagana) and Hindustan
Vocalist and performed more than 250 shows all over Karnataka.
2. Composed “Layataranga” and “Digital Samsara” With the “Gumte”
the tribal Instrument of North Kanara District, and Tabla, associated with
African “Djembe” and “Darbuka”, with “Mr. Richie” from Russia and
“Mr. Shai” from Isreil.
3. “Musical Swing” a bridge between music and sports etc.
4. “Raag Rang” a programme, a blend of film song, Hindustani Classical.
5. Composed Raga-Bhava-Taranga – a unique compose, which is a bland of Vocal,
Harmonium, Tabla, Sitar and flute performed in Bharatiya Vidya bhavan UK and
Bristol UK sponsored by Infosys Foundation in 2016.
6. Composed “Gana Gangaa” a concept based on Indian Classical Music Based Movie
Songs, Gazals,Bhava Geethe, Folk etc with Different artists and instruments
7. Composed many Bhavageeta, National Integration Songs etc..
Dr. Krishnamuthy Ganapati Bhat, M.A.(Music), Ph.D.