Year of establishment of the department: 1976
Individual staff profile:
Dr. V. M. BHANDARI M. Com., Ph. D.
Associate Professor & Head Of The Department
Cell No.: 94488 93842
e-Mail: [email protected]
Date of entry in to service.: 10-07-1987.
- B.Com. : Dr. A. V. Baliga College of Commerce, Kumta
- M. Com. : Chh. Shahu Central Institute of Business, Education & Research Kolhapur, (SIBER, .) April 1987
- Ph. D. : Karnatak University, Dharwad. (April 2003)
Research topic: Human Resource Management in Cashew Industry – study of North Kanara District (April 2003)
Present Position :
- Associate Professor in Commerce and Head of Department
- Facilitator Entrepreneurship Development Cell
- Research Guide (Bharatiyar University, TN)
- Life Member Indian Commerce Association
- Co-ordinator – NIRF, AISHE
- Com. Co-ordinator for 2 years
- Visiting faculty for BBA and Com programmes for 03 years
- IQAC Co-ordinator for one term
- RUSA Co-ordinator
- NAAC Co-ordinator during 2017
Conferences, Seminars and Workshops attended:
|International Level||National Level||State Level||Others||Total|
Papers presented in the conferences and seminars:
|International Level||National Level||State Level||Total|
Special Training Attended
- Ø Entrepreneurship Development training in EDII – Bangalore (30-12-2002 to 11-01-200
- Ø Global Skill Enhancement Programme in Infosys Leadership Institute, Mysore (11thto 30th April 2005)
Number of papers : 04
Number of Books : 01 (with ISBN)
(Human Resource Management for B. Com., B.B.A. & B.B.M. Students)
Number of M. Phil. student guided : 06
Number of Ph.D scholars working 04
Minor Research Project : Completed: 03
- Problems and progress of Cashew Industry in North Kanara district (UGC Supported)
- Role of SHGs in rural development with special reference to women entrepreneurs in Uttar Kannada District (UGC supported)
- Moving Self Help Group towards Entrepreneurship.(UGC supported )
Invited and worked as Resource person:
- Academic Staff College, Karnatak University, Dharwad
- Canara Bank Self Employment Training Institute, Honavar
- Deshpande RUDSETI, Haliyal
- G. Centre Chennagiri, (Davanegere University) Chennagiri
- Anjuman Arts, Science, Commerce & P.G. Centre, Bhatkal
- Rotary Club orientation programme, Honavar
- District Industry Centre, Karwar and Honavar
- Government First Grade College, Mundgod
- Catholic Church, Honavar
- SARPI Centre, Honavar
- New English School, Honava12
- Muncipal Office, Honavar
- Govt First Grade College ,Honavar
Workshops and Seminars Organized:
- One – day workshop on Entrepreneurship Development Awareness among the final year students of SDM College, Honavar every year since 2003
- One – day workshop on personality development programme for final year commerce students.
- Two – day Bank Test Training programme for commerce students.
- 10 days spoken English classes for commerce students
- One – day district level seminar for commerce students.
Seminars attended and Papers presented:
- Attended webinar organized by NAAC on “Turn the challenges into opportunity” held on 28/05/2020 and NAAC Guidelines held on 03/06/2020.
- Attended one day workshop on Faculty improvement programme organized by IQAC,SDM College Honavar on 18th January, 2020.
- Attended a National Conference on “ Challenges of Higher Education – Teacher Initiativs” held on 11th January 2020 at SDM LAW College ,Mangalore ,organized by KRMSS, Mangalore ZONE.
- Attended Two Day National seminar on Quality Improvement in post Accreditation scenario on 15 and 16 th February 2019 organised by IQAC, SDM College of Arts ,Science and Commerce , Honavar .
- Presented a paper in National Conference on “SHG Bank Linkage programme and its Impact on NPA’s of Banking sector in India” held on 28th January 2019 organised by Department of Commerce SVVM”s College of Commerce BORIM,PONDA ,GOA.
- Participated in a workshop on ‘MUTUAL FUNDS organized by Karnatak University & Colleges’Commerce Teachers’ Associatation on9 th December 2017 at Vishwachetan building ,KU Dharwad
- Participated in a workshop on ‘GST and its implications organized by Karnatak University & Colleges’Commerce Teachers’ Associatation on 22nd June 2017 at Vishwachetan building ,KU Dharwad
- Participated in a workshop on ‘Demonetization and its implications organized by Karnatak University & Colleges’Commerce Teachers’ Associatation on 2nd January 2017 at Vishwachetan building ,KU Dharwad
- Participated in the Quality Improvement Programme for College Lecturers Organised by School of Management ,Manipal University , Manipal on 29-30 April 2016 .
- Attended Two Day National Workshop onLeaders in Mahabharata Rupakas on 5 -6 February 2016 organised by Department of Sanskrit , SDM College of Arts ,Science and Commerce , Honavar .
- Attended and presented a paper in National Seminar on HR practices in Higher Education Institutions organized by the Post Graduate Department of Commerce and Management Studies ,Shree Achutha Menon Government College ,Thrissur,Kerala on 18th and 19th January 2016.
- Attended Two Day National Seminar on Recent Issues and Challenges of Human Resources in Higher Education on 23-24 March 2015 organised by DR.AV.Baliga College of Commerce, Business Administration and P G Centre for Studies in Commerce ,KUMTA
- Participated as Chairperson in UGC sponsored One Day National Seminar on Foreign Direct Investment in India organized by Department of Commerce and Management, ,Lal Bahadur Arts,Science and S B Solabanna Shetty Commerce College ,SAGAR on 30 th March 2015..
- Participated in FEEL TEACHER Learning and Development Intervention organized by SDM College HONAVAR in association with CLHRD ,Mangalore on 25-27JANUARY 2014.
- Participated in the 66th All India Commerce Conference of the Indian Commerce Association held at Department of Commerce , Bangalore University ,Bangalore from 5th to 7th December 2013.
- Attended Two Day National seminar on Relevance of Urban Co-operative Banks in the changed LPG era on 12th and 13 th October 2012 organised by , SDM College of Arts ,Science and Commerce , Honavar.
- Attended as Co-Chairperson in the National Level Seminar on Emerging Face of Retailing on 18 th April 2012 organised by Sri Sri Shivalingeshwar Swamy Govt . First Grade College and PG CENTRE ,CHANNAGIRI,Dt .Davangere,Karnataka.
- Attended and presented a paper as Resource Person in the three days State Level Workshop on Emerging Challenges in Business practices on10 th to 12th February 2012 organized by Sri,Sri Shivalingeshwar Swamy Govt . First Grade College and PG Centre ,CHANNAGIRI,Dt .Davangere,Karnataka.
- Attended two day National Conference Of Research Supervisors On Enhancement of Quality Research in Social Science held on 3rd and 4 th October 2011 organized by Dnyanaprassarak Mandal’s College of Arts,Science,Commerce and Management studies and Technology Assagao,Bardez-GOA.
- Attended a State Level Workshop on Transacting Commerce Education on 18 th September 2011 organised by , SDM College of Arts ,Science and Commerce , Honava
- .Attended and presented a paper in two day National Seminar on Emerging Issues and Challenges in Micro Finance held on 4 th and 5th March 2011 organized by Shree Damodar College of Commerce and Economics Margao-GOA.
- Participated in the 63rd All India Commerce Conference held at Goa University ,Goa from 1st to 3rd October 2010
- Participated & presented a paper entitled ‘ Shri Kshethra Dharmastala Rural Development Project(SKDRDP) & Microcredit in Uttara Kannada(UK) District- An Empirical Study’ in 3 days International conference on Micro Finance’ during 21st-23rdJanuary 2009 organized by Pondicherry University, Pondicherry.
- Attended one day workshop on ‘Restructuring of B.Com. curricula’ organized by Karnatak University & colleges’ commerce teachers’ associatation on 9thJuly 2009 at Institute of Engineers, Dharwad.
- Attended UGC sponsored national conference ‘Social Entrepreneurship: Dimensions & Development Orientation’ organized by St. Mary’s college, Shrva, Udupi (Dist.) on 21st& 22nd August, 2009.
- Attended Two Day National seminar on Challenges Before Autonomous College on 2nd and 3rd November 2009 organised by SDM College of Arts ,Science and Commerce , Honavar .
- Participated & presented a paper at the NAAC sponsored National seminar on ‘Role of IQAC in Re-accreditation Process: Experiences & Expectations’ Organized by Bangurnagar Arts, Science & Commerce college, Dandeli on 11th& 12thApril 2008.
- Participated as a delegate in the National level Seminar on ‘Recent Trends in Services Marketing’ held at Anjuman Arts, Science & Commerce College, Bhatkal on April 13, 2008.
- Attended the one day workshop on ‘Case Studies in Financial accounting on 26thJuly2008organised by Karnatak University & colleges’ commerce teachers’ associatation held at Department of Studies in Commerce Karnatak University Dharwad.
- Participated in the workshop ‘Grameena’ organized by ‘Shri Kshethra Dharmastala Rural Development, Dharmastala & Synergy to solutions, Bangalore on 21stOctober, 2008 at hotel Capital, Bangalore.
- Participated in the UGC sponsored state level seminar entitled ‘Management of small scale industries in Karnataka state- A challenge’ held on 3rd& 4thNovember 2008 at Dr.A.V. Baliga college of commerce & Business Administration, Kumta(U.K.).
- Attended NAAC sponsored National level Seminar ‘ Quest for Quality: Class room Matters’organised by Dr. A. V. Baliga College of Arts and Science , Kumta on 5thand 6th March 2007.
- Participated & presented a paper entitled ‘Plight of Commerce Education in Present Scenario’ in the national level seminar organized by Basaveshwar commerce college, Bagalkot on 8th& 9thSeptember
- Participated in the International Research Meet on Entrepreneurship in India & China’ & TAPMI Alumni Entrepreneurs meet organized by T.A.Pai Management Institute, Manipal, Karnataka, India on 14th& 15th 2007.
- Participated as a Delegate in the UGC sponsored State Level Seminar on ‘Re-orientation of Teaching Pedagogy in the Context of Industry Institution Interaction on 25thMarch 2006 organized by SDM College of Business Management, Mangalore.
- Attended National Seminar on ‘Repositioning Business Education- Compulsions & Strategies’ held on 21st& 22nd2006 hosted by Bangalore University Teacher’s Council of Commerce & Management and faculty of Commerce & Management, Bangalore University, Bangalore.
- Attended and presented a paper in the NAAC sponsored State level seminar on’ Quality assurance Mechanism in Collegiate Education’ organized by SDM College Honnavar on 18th& 19thMarch 2006.
- Attended UGC sponsored State Level Seminar on Accounting Standards: ‘What They Are and What They Should Be’ at S.D.M. College, Ujjire held on 23rd& 24thMarch
- Participated in one day district level workshop on ‘Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)’, organized by BGVS Arts & Commerce College, Sadashivagada,Karwar on 4th April
- Attended 3-weeks training in “Global Skills enhancement programme” Conducted by Infosys Progeon in Mysore from 11thto 30thApril,
- Attended Faculty Development Programme in Entrepreneurship held at Bangalore, during 30thDec, 2002 to 11thJan,2003 organized by EDII, Bangalore
- Attended 2 days HRD-TQM training programme on 21stand 22ndMarch 2003 at SDM College, Honnavar
- Attended one day workshop on Cost Consciousness in the New Millennium on 21stSeptember 2003 held at Divekar College of Commerce, Karwar.
- Attended and presented paper in fifth state level conference of Teachers of commerce and Management held at Mangalore on 16thand 17thOctober 2003.
- Attended one day workshop on E-commerce organized by PG Dept. of studies in Commerce, KU, Dharwad.
- Attended 4thstate level conference of teachers of commerce and management on “Knowledge Management” held at KU, Dharwad on 5thand 6th October
- Attended and presented paper in National seminar on Business Education in India – backward & forward linkages on 6thand 7thMarch 1998 held at KU, Dharwad and paper published by Atlantic Publishers, New Delhi.
- Attended 2ndstate level conference of Teachers of Commerce and Management held at Davangere on 11thand 12thJuly 1997 on challenges for business education in the 21st
- Attended two day workshop organized by KIMS, KU, Dharwad on Management of BBA programme on 24thand 25thOctober 1996.
Orientation and Refresher Courses
- Attended Orientation Course in University of Mysore from 8th Aug. to 2nd Sept. 1995.
- Attended Refresher course in Kuvempu University, PG Center, Davangere from 9th to 31st, March 1998.
- Attended Refresher course in University of Mysore from 16th Nov. to 6th Dec.2004.
- Attended Refresher course in Goa University from 29th Sept. to 20th Oct. 2005.
MUBEENA M. SAHEB. M.Com., NET
Date of joining: 20/12/2012
email ID: [email protected]
PROJECT done: “AN ANALYSIS ON FINANCIAL STATEMENT OF – SHARAVATHI AGROTECH Pvt. Ltd., Honavar.”
PAST EXPERIENCE: Anjuman College for women. Bhatkal.
- Certificate ‘B’ for NCC examination held in 20 Feb 2013 under the Authority of Ministry of Defence, Government of India grading ‘B’.
- Participated Two day National Seminar Sponsored by NAAC in S.D.M Degree college, Honnavar.
- Certificate for participating in one day Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp sponsored by Department of Industries and commerce Government of India
- Participated in training programme on “Personality development and soft skills ” by N.S.D.C
POOJA S Hegde, M.Com.,
- Project done on: Technical analysis of selected stock markets…
RAMANATH R BHAT, M. Sc.
Date of Joining: 09/01/2012
email : [email protected]
Contact No.: 9972981991
- Attended a Feel Teacher Learning and Development Intervention, organised by Sdm College, Honnavar, conducted from 25-27 January 2014.
- Participated in the Quality Improvement Programme for college teachers organized by IQACAttended 2 day
- National Seminar on Internal Quality Improvement sponsored by IQAC.
- Attended one day workshop under Faculty Development Programme on 18 January 2020.
- Attended One day webinar on National Assessment and Accreditation Council on 28 May 2020.
- Attended webinar on Ways to Build Social Confidence by Dr. GURURAJ KARAJAGI.
- Attended one day National Level Webinar on NAAC Assessment and Accreditation Process for Affiliated/Constituent colleges.