Faculty Members :
Dr. Vijayalaxmi M. Naik, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Principal and S.G.Lecturer
- “Monad and polyad pollen’s Ontogeny and histochemistry.” Karnatak University, Dharwad, 2002.
- Attended two state level seminars up to 2000.
- Participated in a national seminar in 2008 held at Sirsi.
- Attended Karnatak University College, Botany Teachers Conference on 29th Jan. 2006 at Bagalkot.
- Attended NAAC sponsored state level seminar on 18th and 19th March 2006 in S. D. M. College, Honavar on the topic ‘Quality Assurance Mechanism Collegiate Education’
- Participation in the’ Global Skill Enhancement Programme’ conducted by progeon at Infosys, Mysore from 26th June to 8th July 2006.
- Attended NAAC sponsored National level Seminar ‘Quest for Quality: Class room Matters’ Organized by Dr. A. V. Baliga College of Arts and Science, Kumta on 5th and 6thMarch 2007.
- Attended state level seminar on ‘Biodiversity and conservation of Angiosperms with endangered, endemic and medicinal plants organized by J. S. S. Dharwad. On 23rd and 24th March 2007.
- Participated in the’ Karnatak University, College Botany and zoology Teachers Conference’ held at Dr. A. V. Baliga College, Kumta on 30th March 2008
- Participated in Two-Day UGC sponsored national seminar on ‘Medicinal Plants Protection & Promotion’, held at M. M. Arts and Science College, Sirsi on 4th October & 5tha October 2008.
- Attended UGC sponsored National level seminar on ‘Challenges before Autonomous Colleges’ organized by S. D. M. College, Honavar on 2nd and 3rd Nov.2009.
- Delivered a lecture on ‘pollution’ in Ryla summer camp for high school students organized by Rotary Club.
- Working as lady counselor & Convener for S.D.M. Womens’ hostel.
- Working as NAAC co-ordinator from 1st December 2010.
- Attended and presented a paper in XXXIII All India Botanical Conference & International Symposium on ‘The New Horizons of Botany’organized by Department of & Botany, Shivaji University, Kholapur from 10th to 12th Nove.2010.
- Life member of Indian Botanical Society, Kolkatta.
Smt. Bharati S. Shanbhag, M.Sc.,
- Participated in three days National seminar entitled ‘New frontiers in Plant Pathology’ held at Dept. of P.G Studies & research in applied Botany, Kuvempu University, Shimoga from 28th to 30th Sept.2006.
- Attended National seminar on ‘Forest, Medicinal plants and People’ organized by Dept. of Natural resource Management College of Forestry, Sirsi from 21st to 22ndFeb.2008.
- Attended K.U College Botany & Zoology teachers’ conference held at Dr.A.V Baliga college of Arts & Science Kumta on 30th March 2008.
- Attended XXXII All India Botanical Conference & International Symposium on ‘Diversity of Plants & microbes: Present scenario’ organized by Dept. of P.G Studies & research in applied Botany,Kuvempu University,Shimoga from 28th to 30th Dec.2009.
- Attended XXXIII All India Botanical Conference & International Symposium on ‘The New Horizons of Botany’organized by Dept. of P.G Studies & research in appl Botany,Shivaji University,Kholapur from 10th to 12th Nove.2010..