Year of establishment : June 1964
Individual staff profile :
M. G. Hegde, M.A.,M.Phil
Asst. Professor & Head Of the Department,
- President of the English Literary Club of our college.
- Has PGCTE from EFLU, Hyderabad.
- Worked as a stringer to The Indian Express.
- Worked as Organising Secretary at UGC sponsored National Workshop in 2015.
- Has published articles in the news papers like Indian Express, Deccan Herald, Kannada Prabha, and Kannada Janantaranga, Prajavani.
- Has served as Rotarian.
- Working as retainer to Prajavani & Deccan Herald dailies.
- Participated & presented a paper in UGC sponsored National level seminar on ‘Emerging Trends in Tourism in the changing scenario’ organized by B.G.V.S. Arts & Commerce College, Sadashivgad Karwar on 16th & 17th March 2007.
- Participated and presented paper in National Seminar on English Craring and leaving “ at Dr.A.V. Baliga college Kumta
- Participated in MIMS- IMS teachers’ training programme at B.G.V.S. Arts & Commerce College, Sadashivgad, Karwar on 3rd & 4th July 2007.
- Participated in the ‘Train the trainees program held under the aegis of the ‘Industry -Academic partnership’ conducted by Infosys BPO, at Infosys , Mysore from 22nd to 31st2007.
- Participated in Global Skill Enhancement Training Programme held at Infosys, Mysore from 14th to 18th July 2008.
- Participated in the Raja Rao birth centenary seminar conducted by Dr.A.V.Baliga college of Arts & Science, Kumta & Lingaraj College, Belgaum held at Kumta on 8th 2008.
- Participated & presented paper on “Autonomy self defeating contravene” in UGC sponsored National level seminar on ‘Challenges before Autonomous Colleges’ organized by S. D. M. College, Honavar on 2nd and 3rd2009.
- Undergone Orientation course in Banaras Hindu University from 4th June to 1st July 2010.
- Undergone Refresher Course in Bombay University.
- Actively involved in Environmental Protection Programmes as: (1) President of Kasarkod Parisar Koota (instrumental in conserving 50 acres of forest as a sacred grove. (2)Secretary of Aresami kere Devlopment Committee.
- Completed Post-Graduate Certificate in the Teaching of English at The English and Foreign Language University in Hyderabad on 25th February,2013.
- Had the degree of Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil.) from Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
- Participated UGC sponsored Orientation Course at Banaras Hindu University in Varanasi from June 4 to July 1, 2010.
- Participated at the Refresher Course conducted by the Mumbai University from January 12, 2015 to February 2, 2015.
- Presented paper entitled ‘A New Shoot with Old Root: A Study of In an Antique Land and River of Fire at International Conference in Hyderabad organized by Indian Society for Commonwealth Studies in collaboration
with Osmania University Centre for International Programme.
- Presented paper entitled A Face off During 1980s: Facelift to History through Fiction at international seminar organized by Davangere University on 25 th and 26 th April 2019.
- Participated one day workshop on Curriculum Designing In English For Undergraduate Courses held on 28 th January 2011 at Dharwad
- Participated at the workshop conducted by CLHRD between 25th and 27th January 2014.
K R Shreelata, M.A.,
Date of Joining: 01/07/2015
email Id: [email protected]
Contact No.: 9632625021
*secured 4th Rank in BA and received 2 Gold medals in BA English and 1 gold medal in Geography from Karnataka University, Dharwad
*Participated in National level workshop on “Designing Functional English Syllabus” organised by dept. Of English, SDM College, Honavar in 2015
*Attended UGC sponsored Two Day National Seminar On ” Leaders in Mahabharata Rupakas” organized by the dept. Of Sanskrit, SdM College, Honavar in 2016.
*Participated in the Quality Improvement Programme for college teachers organized by IQAC of, SDM Degree College, Honavar in association with center for Regional Development, Manipal University in 2016.
*Attended NAAC sponsored Two Day National seminar on Quality Improvement in Post Accreditation scenario organized by IQAC, SDM College Honavar in 2019.
*Attended Two Day State Level Seminar organized by dept of History, SDM College, Honavar.
* Sangeeta Vidhwath from Govt. Of Karnataka
* Sangeeta Visharada from Gandharwa Mahavidyalaya, Miraj
*Light Music Broadcast from AIR Dharwad.
* Performed music concerts on various prestigious stages.
*Awarded 2nd Prize in Hindustani Classical Vocal solo in state level Youth Festival organized by Govt. Of Karnatak in 2020.
*Founded ‘Swarashree Sangeeta Vidyalaya’ and imparting music education in Honavar.
Narasimha Gouda, M.A.,D.Ed.
Year of Joining: 18/07/2016
email Id: [email protected]
- Participated in the Quality Improvement programme for college teachers organized by IQAC of SDM
college, Honavar in association with centre for Regional Development, Manipal University, Manipal on
10 th September 2016.
- Attended NAAC sponsored Two Days National Seminar on Quality Improvement in Post Accreditation
Scenario organized by IQAC, SDM College, Honavar in 2019.
- Attended Quality Improvement Programme for college teachers organized by IQAC,SDM College
Honavar on 18 th January 2020.
- Attended Two Days state level seminar organized by the Dept. of History, SDM Degree college,
Honavar in 2020.
- Attended Webinar on ways to build Social confidence by Dr. Gururaj Karjagi on 28 th May 2020.
Participated in Webinar by Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal (Nishank) on28th May 2020.
Bhagyashri S Hegde, M.A.,
Date of Joining: 02/12/2016
email Id: [email protected]
- Worked as English teacher in BVIPS MURUDESHWAR for 1and a half year.
- Won 2nd prize in Taluk level music competitions for teachers organised by State Teachers Welfare Association in 2016.
- Worked as one of the rapporteurs in NAAC sponsored two-day National seminar on Quality Improvement in Post Accreditation Scenario organised by SDMC Honnavar in the year 2019.
- Participated in one-day workshop on Faculty Development Programme held in January 2020.
Netravati Gaonkar, M.A.,D.Ed.
Date of Joining: 27/06/2017