Dr. MANJUNATH HEGDE
Mobile No- 9480789522
E mail ID – [email protected]
Seek an academic position as a researcher and lecturer in the field of Chemistry. Perform research, including teaching courses and supervising students in their academic assignment and research work and to provide best of my services to the establishment through my hard work, honesty, potency and dedication.
- Ph.D awarded from Department of Chemistry, Mangalore University during the year 2021. Completed course work from the period January – June 2013 with 61.20 %.
- M.Sc. [ Industrial Chemistry] From Jnana Sahyadri Shankara gatta
Kuvempu University 2008-2010 with 76.45 %
B.Sc. Karnataka University, Dharwad with 75.64%
- Since 1st Mar-2012 working as a Lecturer in PG Department of Chemistry and research assistant in S.D.M. College of arts, science, BBA and P.G.Center, Honavar.(9.8 Years’ experience)
- Worked as Research Analyst in VGST project from 2012 -2014.
- Worked as Research Analyst in KJA project.
- Worked in Analytical Department, Hikal Ltd. R&D Center, Kalena agrahara, Bangalore, as a Research Officer from June-2010 -2012 Feb.
The Company has got cGMP, ISO 9001, USFDA & TGA approved.
- Worked with various approaches towards study, implementing new methods in research.
- Participated in workshops and improvement activities to develop skills and knowledge.
- Lectured, directed, and taught advanced lessons, provided presentation support, trained apprentices and developed courses’ material and tools.
- Advised and supervised students in their research work and complex assignments.
- Prepared new study materials and development programs for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Daily operations of a Quality Control and ensuring that the laboratory is maintained in a state of cGMP compliance, that a documentation is generated in accordance with cGMP.
- To assist QC head during International Audits.
- Sampling of Raw materials and Finished Products for analysis.
- Analysis of Raw materials and Finished Products.
- Calibration of equipment’s and Glass wares.
- Sampling and analysis of packing materials.
- Analytical Method Validation.
- All types of Analytical Method development.
Operation and Calibration of the following Instruments,
- HPLC – Agilent Shimadzu and Systronics.
- GC – Shimadzu, Agilent and Perkin Elmer.
- IR, Polari meter & UV-VIS Spectrometers – Jasco and Shimadzu.
- KF & Auto-titrator – Mettler & Metrohm 848
- AAS – Elico
- Flame Photometer – Systronics
Project Undertaken During M.Sc.
Topic : Isobenzofuran Derived Azo dyes – synthesis and characterization
Guide : Prof. K Vasanthkumar Pai
Place : Jnana Sahyadri shankarghatta
Duration: November 2009 – march 2010
Heterocyclic coupling compounds in the field of azodyes chemistry captures egrate interest in past two decades. Isobenzofuran was synthesized from commercially available laboratory chemical phenolphthalein. The various amines bearing both electron donating and electron withdrawing groups at para position was diazotized and coupled to the isobenzofuran. The synthesized dyes having diverse colour were characterized by FTIR spectroscopy, NMR spectroscopy (1H, 13C ), and Mass spectrometry.
Topic: Study on fluorescence characteristics of petroleum fractions of different boiling ranges
Duration: July, 2009
Place: Mangalore Refinery Petroleum Limited [M.R.P.L.]. Mangalore
Liquid petroleum distillate products like Naphtha, Kerosene, Diesel, Reformate all these products are composed of various hydrocarbon with and without hetero atoms mainly sulfur and nitrogen. The work is directed towards the occurrence of polynuclear aromatic in liquid petroleum distillate by using Fluorescence Spectrophotometry in comparison with standard Fluorescence blocks. The method is been applied to petroleum products including reformate.
Title: “A Study on Corrosion Inhibition Behavior of Plant Extracts and Synthetic Compounds on Mild Steel in Acid Environment”.
Guide: Dr. S. P. Nayak, Department of Chemistry, Mangalore University.
Place: S.D.M. College Honavar.
The work is directed towards extraction of natural chemicals from plant products is applied as green corrosion inhibitors. The corrosion inhibition studies of synthesized compounds like thiazole-2-amine derivatives on mild steel are also studied. In the present study it is intended to extract chemical constituents from different plant materials and to use them for corrosion prevention of most commonly used mild steel metal in acid media. Corrosion rate measurement will be made by various methods such as gravimetric and electrochemical methods like Tafel extrapolation and impedance methods. Thus this type of works is more useful to the society in several aspects.
List of Publications:
- Manjunath Hegde and S. P. Nayak, “Identification of Furfural in the Coconut Shell Extract and its Study as Green Corrosion Inhibitor in Acid Media” Corrosion & Dye, 113 (2017) 49255-49261.
- Manjunath Hegde and S. P. Nayak, “Synthesis, Characterization and Study of New Thiazole -2-amine Derivative as Corrosion Inhibitors for Mild Steel in 0.5 M H2SO4 Solution” Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences 1 (2018) 16-24.
- Manjunath Hegde and S. P. Nayak, “Aqueous extract of Dillenia Penagyna fruit as green inhibitor for mild steel corrosion in 0.5M hydrochloric acid solution” Journal of Materials and Environmental Sciences, 10(1) (2019) 22-31.
Research papers presented in national/international conferences
- “Synthesis, Characterization and Corrosion Inhibition Studies of Thiazole Derivatives on Mild Steel in 1M H2SO4 Solutions”
Manjunath Hegde and S. P. Nayak, presented in the International Conference on Science &Technology: Future Challenges and Solutions (STFCS) -2016 held at University of Mysuru, during 8th – 9th August, 2016, awarded as Best Poster Presentation.
- “Microwave Assisted Extraction of Furfural from Coconut Shell: Characterization and Corrosion Inhibition Study on C- Steel”
Manjunath Hegde and S. P. Nayak, presented in 9th KSTA Annual Conference on Science, Technology and Innovations in the 21st Century jointly organized by Karnataka Science and Technology Academy held at Christ University during 20th – 21st December 2016, won First Prize in poster presentation.
- “Corrosion Inhibition of Mild Steel in Acid Solution by Dillienia Pentagyna Seed Extract”
Manjunath Hegde and S. P. Nayak, presented in the National Conference on Reaching the Unreached through Science and Technology (NCSTRU – 2017) held at Mangalore University, Mangalore during 8th – 9th September 2017.
- “Synthesis, Characterization and Study of New Thiazole -2-amine Derivative as Corrosion Inhibitors for Mild Steel in 0.5 M H2SO4 Solution”
Manjunath Hegde and S. P. Nayak, presented in the International Conference on Emerging Trends in Chemical Sciences (ICETCS 2017) held at Manipal University, Manipal during 14th -16th September 2017.
- “Green Approach to Inhibition of Corrosion of Mild Steel by Dellienia Pentagyna Fruit Extract”
Manjunath Hegde and S. P. Nayak, presented in the National Conference on Recent Advances in Chemical Biological and Material Science for Industry and Society (RACBMS – 2018) held during at Kuvempu University, Shimoga during 9th – 10th February 2018.
- Micro Soft Word, Micro Soft Excel, Micro Soft Power Point, Micro Soft Access.
- IR solution, ChemSketch, ChemDraw, Origin 8 Pro version, ZSimpWin 3.21.
- Awarded the Best Poster Presentation in the International Conference on Science &Technology: Future Challenges and Solutions (STFCS) -2016 held at University of Mysore, during 8th – 9th August, 2016.
- Won the First Prize in poster presentation in 9th KSTA Annual Conference on Science, Technology and Innovations in the 21st Century jointly organized by Karnataka Science and Technology Academy held at Christ University during 20th – 21st December 2016.
- Worked as Research Assistant in KJA project.
- Member of editorial board in “ATOM” Science magazine.
- Feel Teacher’ programme at S.D.M. College, Honavar – 2014
- Quality Improvement Programme for College teachers organised by IQAC, at S.D.M. College, Honavar – 2016
- Two day National Seminar on ‘Quality Improvement in Post Accreditation Scenario’ Organised by S.D.M. College, Honavar – 2019.
Pooja S. Hegde
M.Sc. General Chemistry.
M.Sc. Organic Chemistry.