NCC is the premier training ground for the nation’s youth with the stated objective of NCC is to develop physically, intellectually, and morally, to create an all-around personality with a sense of civic responsibility and community service and social harmony amongst youth. The motto of NCC is “Unity and Discipline.” It aims at teaching qualities like devotion to duty, loyalty, dedication, discipline, and self-sacrifice.
The NCC prepares students for future citizenship and trains them to develop leadership, cooperation, self-discipline, patriotism, and dedication to service under all circumstances. The cadets are taught various aspects of physical fitness like endurance, strength, speed, and agility apart from the drill, ceremonial marches, and firing practice.
Their tasks include:
1. Organizing and conducting drills on Saturday and Sunday, instilling patriotism among students.
2. Conducting classes on first aid, environmental awareness, personal hygiene, and cleanliness.
3. Carrying out blood donation programs.
4. Organizing military parades and trekking.
5. Holding seminars on social issues.