Dr. D Veerendra Heggade,
Late Shri R S Hegde,
Dr. M P Karki, B.Sc., M.B.B.S. (Bombay)
Ex.MLA, Syndicate Member (KUD), President M.P.E. Society, Honnavar
– Started the medical profession in Honavar in 1962. By his profession he virtually proved the adage “Vaidyo Narayano Harihi”.
– President of Honavar town panchayat for four years.
– Represented Karki – Hosakuli area in Taluka Development Board for five years.
– Represented the Kumta Constituency in Karnataka Legislative Assembly twice between 1983 and 1985, and between 1994 and 1999.
– Is instrumental in bringing Marakal Drinking Water Project to Kumta – Honavar.
– Worked as the President of the Public Accounts Committee and has the distinction of submitting the maximum number of reports to the Government.
– Worked as the President of the P.L.D. Bank for 6 years and during his President-ship the Bank got the State level award.
– Became the President of the N.K. District Co-Operative Tile Factory, Kasarkod, when it was running under loss. In two years of his president-ship it started earning profit.
– Served the Lions Club as the President and the Zone Chairman.
– Director of the Karnataka ‘Havyaka’ Financial Institution.
– Managing Trustee of Honavar “Havyaka”. As the managing Trustee, he was instrumental in the construction of the Cultural Hall at the cost of nearly Rs.82 lakhs.
– Chief Trustee of the “Mood Ganapati” Temple.
– Served M.P.E. Society as its treasurer, secretary and vice-president
– President of Fedaration of the Management and the Principals of Colleges in the Uttara Kannada District
– President of the M.P.E. Society since 1983. He got Rs.67 lakhs sanctioned from the Central Government for Indoor Stadium constructed in the Campus.
-Syndicate Member in the Karnataka University, Dharwad.
Shri Krishnamurthy Bhat,
Vice President of MPE Society, Honnavar.
– Dealers in Books, Sports Goods, Educational needs, Office and Computer Stationeries.
– Stockist, ITC Paper division and Brill, stationeries and Blue Bird Products.
– President, Lions club of Honnavar.
– Director, S.S.V. Vidya Prasara Mandali, Kharwa, Tq: Honnavar.
– President, Shivani Education and Social Welfare Trust, Honnavar.
Shri Parameshwar I Hegde, M.A. B.P.Ed.
Secretary of M.P.E. Society, Honavar
– Retired Teacher and Social Worker.
– Treasurer of ‘Havyaka’ Honavar.
Shri Shridhar Mahadev Bhat,
Joint Secretary of MPE Society, Honnavar.
Retired Senior Manager in Honavar Urban Co-Operative Bank Ltd.
Worked as President in Rotary Club Honavar.
Worked as a Revenue District Officer in Rotary Club.
Shri Umesh Naik,
Treasurer of MPE Society, Honnavar.
Dr. A B Karkal, M.B.B.S
– Member of Executive Committee, M P E Society, Honnavar.
– General medical practitioner
– Treasurer of New Education Society
– President of Sharavati Seva pratistan, Honavar
– Ex-President of Town Muncipal council of Honavar
– Ex- Director of Urban Co-operative Bank
Adv Nagaraj Venkatesh Kamath,
Working as an Advocate