Year of establishment of the department :1985
Individual staff profile :
Dr. Renukadevi G. Golikatte, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Associate Professor & Head Of the Department
Date of Joining: 27/07/1987
email id: [email protected]
UGC Minor Research Project:
“Biological Aspects and Fishery of some Fishes from Sharavati estuary, central west coast of India”. (1998-2000).
UGC Minor Research Project (completed) MRP(S)-761/10-11/KAKA105/UGC-SWRO
Computer code no. KAKAQ9.
“STUDIES ON BENTHOS PRODUCTION ALONG HONAVAR AND BHATKAL COAST, CENTRAL WEST COAST OF INDIA”
Research paper : ‘Food and Feeding habits of the whipfin Silverbiddy Gerres filamentosus from Sharavati Estuary, Central west coast of India’, presented in the National seminar (2000) held at Karnatak University, Post graduate centre, Kodibag, Karwar, Karnataka.
RESEARCH PAPER:’ REPRODUCTION, THREAT AND CONSERVATION STRATEGIES OF GERRES FILAMENTOSUS,’ PRESENTED IN NATIONAL CONFERENCE (2018) HELD AT DEPARTMENT OF ZOOLOGY, G.C. COLLEGE, ANKOLA (U.K.), KARNATAKA.
· Attended NAAC sponsored state level seminar on 18th and 19th March 2006 in S. D. M. College, Honavar on the topic ‘Quality Assurance Mechanism Collegiate Education’.
· Delivered a lecture on ‘Basic clssification of animals and its evolutionary significance ’in High school teachers conference orgnised by High school teachers Asssociation , Honavar on 20th July 2006.
· Participation in the’ Global Skill Enhancement Programme’ conducted by progeon at Infosys, Mysore from 26th June to 8th July 2006
· Attended NAAC sponsored National level Seminar ‘Quest for Quality: Class room Matters’ Organised by Dr. A. V. Baliga College of Arts and Science, Kumta on 5th and 6th March 2007.
· Participitated in the’ Karnatak University College Botany and zoology Teachers Conference’ held at Dr. A. V. Baliga College, Kumta on 30th March 2008.
· Participated in Two-Day UGC sponsored national seminar on ‘Medicinal Plants Protection & Promotion’, held at M. M. Arts and Science College, Sirsi on 4th October & 5th October 2008.
· Attended UGC sponsored National level seminar on ‘Challenges before Autonomous Colleges’ organized by S. D. M. College, Honaver on 2nd and 3rd Nov.2009.
- National Seminar on “Challenges before Autonomous College” –November 2009.
· Participated in three days National workshop on ‘Sea Turtle Conservation’ Organised by Tree foundation held at Dr. A. V. Baliga College of Arts and Science, Kumta from 23rd to 25th December 2010.
- National Workshop on” Western Ghats and Coastal Biodiversity: Status, Threats and
Conservation Strategies” –February 2012.
- National Seminar on “Human Rights awareness” –March 2012.
· Delivered a lecture on “Biodiversity Conservation’ in Ryla summer camp for high school students organized by Rotary Club.
LENGTH WEIGHT RELATIONSHIP OF WHIPFIN SILVER BIDDY GERRES FILAMENTOSUS (cuvier) FROM SHARAVATI ESTUARY, CENTRAL WEST COAST OF INDIA .Recent Research in Science and Technology 2011,3(4)75-79 ISSN:2076-5061
GONADO-SOMATIC INDEX OF THE WHIPFIN SILVER BIDDY GERRES FILAMENTOSUS FROM SHARAVATI ESTUARY, CENTRAL WEST COAST OF INDIA. World journal of Science and Technology I www.worldjournalofscience.com 2011 1(2):xx-xx ISSN:2231-2587
FECUNDITY OF WHIPFIN SILVER BIDDY GERRES FILAMENTOSUS (cuvier) FROM SHARAVATI ESTUARY, CENTRAL WEST COAST OF INDIA .Recent Research in Science and Technology 2011,3(4)71-74 ISSN:2076-5061
SEASONAL VARIATION IN THE GONADS AND MANAGEMENT ISSUES OF GERRES FILMENTOSUS, SHARAVATI ESTUARY, CENTRAL WEST COST OF INDIA. www.fisheriesjournal.com IJFAS 2019; 79(1): 255-257
WORKED AS TEACHER GUIDE FOR DEGREE STUDENTS FOR THE PREPARATION OF PEOPLE’S BIODIVERSITY REGISTER (PBR)
ATTENDED BIODIVERSITY AWARENESS WORK SHOP ON DIVERSITY AND IMPORTANCE OF LICHENS IN THE WESTERN GHATS. ORGANIZED BY CSIR- NATIONAL BOTANICAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE, LUCKNOW AND M.P.E. SOCIETY’S SHRI DHARMASTALA MANJUNATHESWARA COLLEGE, HONNAVAR, ON 26 TH OCTOBER 2018.
AWARDED CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE BY IIT – KHARAGPUR EVENT IN ASSOCIATION WITH www.makeintern.com FOR COORDINATING THE ZONAL CENTER PROGRAM ON COHERENCE OF PLANTS WITH ANIMALS HELD ON 2ND – 3RD FEB 2019 AT S.D.M. COLLEGE HONAVAR
ATTENDED ONE DAY STATE LEVEL NAAC WORK SHOP HELD ON 9TH JANUARY 2020 AT GOVERNMENT FIRST GRADE COLLEGE, ANKOLA.
ATTENDED WEBINAR ON WAYS TO BUILD SOCIAL CONFIDENCE BY DR GURURAJ KARJAGI ON 28 MAY, 2020.
PARTICIPATED IN WEBINAR BY DR RAMESH POKHRIYAL (NISHANK) ON 28 MAY, 2020.
ATTENDED NAAC WEBINAR FOR AFFILIATED and AUTONOMOUS COLLEGES ON 3RD JUNE, 2020.
- FEEL Teacher Learning and Development Intervention, by CLHRD –January 2014.
- Hands on Training for Teachers conducted by Talent Development Center, Indian Institute
Of Science, Kudapura- Challakere, November 2016.
- Attended Quality Improvement Programme for College Teachers organized by IQAC in Sept, 2016.
- Attended Quality Improvement Programme for College Teachers organized by IQAC in Jan, 2020.
Present Position :
- Associate Professor in Zoology
- Convener for CASH
- IQAC, Secretary
- MEMBER OF BOARD OF STUDIES IN ZOOLOGY FOR UNDER GRADUATE COURSE, K.U. DHARWAD(2019-20)
Vidya Shetty, M.Sc.
Date of Joining: 01/06/2016
Neelakantha Hegde, M.Sc.
Date of Joining: 02/07/2018
Attended Webinar on Ways to build Social Confidence by Dr Gururaj Karjagi on 28 May, 2020.
Participated in webinar by Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal (Nishank) on 28 May, 2020